• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Buzzacot 2C

Clapper

Registered
Hi Al
Just finished my first full engine restoration and it's been a bit of a long haul. I started off with a Roseberry 2C anyway when I got into it I discovered that it had been used and abused beyond repair, all the internal gears well and truly worn out and broken teeth. Don't think it had ever had a oil change, just thick sludge with all the worn out teeth mixed in. So I made a few inquiries and found a Buzzacot block for $30 missing all the externals but excellent on the inside. Main problem being wasp nest in the inlet and outlet ports and lots off corrosion. So a full strip down block skimmed valve stems reamed valve seats recut and new valves made. Sent the magneto off to the Maggie Man to be reconditioned. A Friend Niel Bromhill supervised the rebuild, so it all went together well. Got it finished yesterday and gave it a run, just needs a few tweaks small fuel leak around the none return valve, small water drip on the water drain, oil leaking on the tappet cover. Fixed all today except the fuel leak, I will go into Devonport tomrrow to buy a new olive and union.
So I'm one happy crappie right now.

Cheers Ian

Attachments

klanger57

Registered
Hi Al
Just finished my first full engine restoration and it's been a bit of a long haul. I started off with a Roseberry 2C anyway when I got into it I discovered that it had been used and abused beyond repair, all the internal gears well and truly worn out and broken teeth. Don't think it had ever had a oil change, just thick sludge with all the worn out teeth mixed in. So I made a few inquiries and found a Buzzacot block for $30 missing all the externals but excellent on the inside. Main problem being wasp nest in the inlet and outlet ports and lots off corrosion. So a full strip down block skimmed valve stems reamed valve seats recut and new valves made. Sent the magneto off to the Maggie Man to be reconditioned. A Friend Niel Bromhill supervised the rebuild, so it all went together well. Got it finished yesterday and gave it a run, just needs a few tweaks small fuel leak around the none return valve, small water drip on the water drain, oil leaking on the tappet cover. Fixed all today except the fuel leak, I will go into Devonport tomrrow to buy a new olive and union.
So I'm one happy crappie right now.

Cheers Ian
Well done Clapper. Looks a treat.
Kev

Clapper

Registered
Hi,
Trip into Devonport today to get the olive and nut, no joy not in stock. Put them on order should be in next Tuesday.

Cheers
Ian