• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

C&C Electric Co.

Doug Kennedy

I have this old generator was wondering if anyone has any information about the company and what it might be worth. Doug:shrug:

Sorry should have posted these the first time. Will get some better ones soon, and some mesurements. :bonk:

Attachments

Don C. Wiley

In Memory Of
Doug;

That's a pretty rare find. It's difinately worth restoring. I don't know any thing about the company, but the generator was probably made in the middle to late 1800's. As far value, it depends on where you are and who's there. I wouldn't even venture a wild guess, but it will be in the hundreds.

"DELCO DON" :p:OSouthern Illinois:shrug:

Bud Tierney

Don't know anything about generators, but the company name wasn't familiar as a gas engine driven one, so Googled C & C something (forgot what) and got a whole raft of C & C Electric companies all over the country...
Was looking awhile ago for "Phoenix Foundry" , and it turns out every second or third foundry in the country was named "Phoenix", which is a neat name for a foundry, once you think of it...
So I assume "C & C' has some similar connotation for generators or electricity, which I can't bring to mind; would someone satisfy my idle curiosity??
Oh, if you Google "C & C Generator" an old book comes up on Google Books that has some tech drawings, per the title page, for C & C units, with apparently other C & C hits I didn't look at.
Many thxx for any enlightenment!

Doug, what you have is an early DC electric Bi-polar Dynamo that was made by the Curtis & Crocker Electric Co. The company was formed in 1886. It was most likely run with a steam engine and used to produce electricity in a factory for lighting. If you Google Curtis & Crocker Electric Company you will find out that Crocker also former another company in 1888 that was called Crocker-Wheeler Electric Company and also built early Bi-polar Dynamo's and Electric Fans, all of which today are highly collectable. I have approx 30 of these types of Dynamo's in my collection from a verity of different manufactures. These two company's are just a couple of the early players in the development of electrical dynamo's.

DirtbikePilot

Subscriber
First off, I have very little experience in this area. That having been said, I think that any really old bipolar generator like yours will bring very good money on ebay. It may not bring as much as a high profile name like Edison, but I'd expect a selling price of between 2000 and 5000. Keep in mind that this is just my best guess, based only on the fact that it's a bipolar generator. They're pretty rare.