• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Cabin Fever Auction Bargain Ritter Dental Compressor for $20

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
Sometimes an auction will cough up something
I don't need for such a bargain price it cannot be ignored.

This Ritter Dental Compressor is one such item.
When The bidding stopped I raised a hand and won it for
the princely sum of $20.

At that price it was too good to ignore.... even though I already
had a couple and this one was in dire need of a new power cord.
These things run in near silence.

The replacement power cord was from a retired 1970's
or 80's Jensen heater firebox rig that was badly rotted.
I set it to shut off at around 40 psi and it comes back on around 30 psi.

Enjoy,

Gil

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
That's really neat! I saw one at a local antique shop that was priced at $250! :crazy: Granted it was much more ornate, with pinstriping and all, but still. :shrug: Would love to have one someday, just need to wait for a reasonable deal to come my way. :brows:

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Gil: Here is one I picked up at the local "FLEA" market years ago. It had a glass bell over it, but it was broken long before I got it. Seems I have another style someplace around here :confused: .

Attachments

Sfcoronet

Registered
Gil,

My neighbor just gave me one just like this. An you tell me what oil to put in and where to put the oil in?

Thank!

John Dunn

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/04/2009
How many PSI do these generally develop?
I have the motor / compressor unit from one of these, no tank. I have it hooked up to a hose with a blow gun and pressure gauge. It kicks out at 65 psi, on at maybe 25. Check valve works perfect and Everything is sealed air tight. I can leave it plugged in for weeks at a time without it kicking on and the pressure in hose is just enough for the occasional small blast of air needed when cleaning things. It runs for just a few seconds to recharge hose.