• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Caldwell-Hallowell info

Dcarpent

Registered
A few years ago I picked up a Caldwell-Hallowell at an estate sale. I think it is maybe 1 1/2 horse maybe two. I am in the process of thinning the herd and a fellow is interested in purchasing it. I want to give him a fair price but seem to find little about this engine. I have not seen one at any of the shows I have attended so is it a rather uncommon engine? Any input?

Attachments

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Alternatively badged waterloo manufacturers engine? Many similarities. in governor and ignition. I would hazard a guess at around 5 to 7 hundred, if running. General going rate for a 11/2 to 2 HP H&M engine. Prices may vary, depending on rarity and location. It may be worth more, certainly not less.

Turbo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/06/2020
I agree, It is not all that uncommon. It is a re-tagged waterloo engine. $5-700 is a fair price here in the midwest. I have seen them priced higher at swap meets but at the end of the weekend they are still on the trailer.

Dcarpent

Registered
Thanks guys. You pretty much confirmed what I had in mind for a price. We shall see where it goes at this point.