• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Can anyone ID these random engine parts?

Chris Kirk

Registered
Hello!

I was cleaning up my workbench this afternoon, and happened upon a few parts that I'd like to ID.

I think that the linkage might be from an Associated, but I can't be certain. The casting number is, as far as I can tell, TA656A, with the 2nd "6" being the number that's hard to read.

The pedal and starting gear I'm almost certain are Maytag, but I have no idea which model. The pedal has a casting number of S243, and the starting gear is S278.

If anyone could help me ID these parts, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...

Chris

Attachments

Tony Glaser

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
The last 2 pictures are in fact maytag from a model 92 single cylinder engine. I can't help with the other pictures.

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Photos 3 & 4 are a kick starter pedal and segment gear from a Maytag engine, Possibly a model92 (single) but without the casting numbers cannot tell exactly which model they belong too.
Andrew

Mike in NC

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
05/13/2009
S-243 and S-278 are both for the Model 92 Single Cylinder Maytag.