• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Can you i.d this old water cooled 2 cylinder diesel attached to a winco generator

YellowLister

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
o9/30/2019
I got lucky, and found this old girl on the local cl for a really good price.. which doesn't happen often here..

Should say winpower generator

I have looked and looked and can not find anything that resembles it..

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated as I would love to be able to find parts..

I got it running after changing all the fluids and filters

Has a Simms injection pump. No name at all on the engine, just a few numbers

Attachments

Last edited:

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Thanks, Billy. I was thinking it resembled 1/2 of a Fordson Major engine...

OrgWayne

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/22/2017
OK , Whats the Motor cycle sticking its rear end in your 3rd pic ?
So if you where still on the left coast, would u be near the fires ?, I think u where south of them right
Wayne

Billy J Shafer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/03/2019
Another choice it could be a Perkins. Another rare chance it could be a Gardner but the starter looks wrong. I have only seen two Gardner engines in the states. I would guess Dorset or Perkins.:shrug:

YellowLister

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
o9/30/2019
The old house was in Granada hills in the San Fernando valley so very close to the fires but all we would of got was smoke..

I looked up dorset and cannot find any 2 cylinder versions just 4..
Will look up gardner.. I thought perkins because of the fuel filter but no luck finding one like it.

The motorcycle is a Honda 74 I think.. I made a electric box under the seat and the seat mount for a buddy

Attachments

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Any Perkins I have seen uses a CAV pump, I an trying to think what engines uses a Simms pump besides Ford.

Does the two cylinder fires evenly or does it fire both cylinders during the same revolution of the crank and none of them fires the next revolution like a two cylinder John Deere?

K-Tron

Registered
There was a generator like this listed in upstate NY last summer for around $800. I was tempted to drive the three hours to look at it, but I wasn't sure what the engine was. It did not look like anything I had seen before. Let us know how that Albin runs and works out.

Chris

YellowLister

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
o9/30/2019
Its runs great, but someone hooked some wires up wrong and I'm getting a.c voltage at the battery, need to dig around in the generator and fix it before running it for more than a minute