• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum

G Willikers

Sponsor
It is a fantastic place. Even better, a lot of those planes still fly. They did some fly overs of the Ancaster Fair in September with the Lancaster!

Last edited:

Brownboat

CWHM is a fantastic museum, with a nice collection of WWII era aircraft. Many not commonly seen at similar museums in the US. I've been there several times over the past 15 years.

Mike Unwin

Subscriber
I took my nephrew there in 2012 just for a visit and that was a day they took up the Lancaster ,we got real close took some video too. Well worth the drive lots to see inside too .

Attachments

casertractor

Subscriber
I can remember back about five or six years ago at the Milton show when they featured David Brown and Members of the Canadian DB Club helped with the display and one of their members brought a DB tug.later on before the show started it was decided that they would go over to the CWHM to take a photo opt of the Tug pulling the Lancaster.I never did get to see those pictures but i would imagine it was a sight to behold:)

Here are some shots from September 2014 when the Canadian Lancaster made a long trip to England and spent some time with our Battle of Britain flying Lancaster. Crowds turned out in droves from all parts of the UK to see these two together, I am very fortunate living near to where ours is based in Lincolnshire, we got plenty of opportunities to see them in the sky.

Malcolm

Attachments

casertractor

Subscriber
Here are some shots from September 2014 when the Canadian Lancaster made a long trip to England and spent some time with our Battle of Britain flying Lancaster. Crowds turned out in droves from all parts of the UK to see these two together, I am very fortunate living near to where ours is based in Lincolnshire, we got plenty of opportunities to see them in the sky.

Malcolm

I remember watching something on tv about that a few months ago

Chuck Foster

well paul i found the page you were talking about and yes i am at the museum every saturday. they have 41 planes and i think they have 21 of them in flying condition with several more being worked on as we speak.
i have about 20,000 photos of the planes and all sorts of parts.
this past summer i went for my first ever flight and it was allot of fun. the plane i chose was a stearman bi-plane and it was piloted by a man that has over 28,000 hours of flying time and he was one of the three pilots that flew the lanc to england.
it is a great place to come and see these old planes up close and if i am not mistaken it is one of the only museums that flys their planes. you can book flights on several of the planes.
it is a great place so come on out and see the planes and chat to the folks that work on them and fly them.
http://www.warplane.com/

Chuck Foster

well bill the lanc is booked almost to the end of this year so as soon as you give me the 3500 bucks for the flight i might be able to book it for this year.
it would be neat to have a flight in it but not on my budget :)

chuck

Kent McMakin

Subscriber
Was at this show a long time ago. The CWH show in Hamilton. Actually about 30 years ago. Great museum and effort by the gang there. Was working for the Weeks Air Museum at the time, and we flew up there in a Dehaviland Mosquito. The Lancaster had just been finished, as I recall. We had left the Mosquito in Breckinridge Texas, and brought it from Texas to Hamilton accompanied by a Corsair. Long, very hot trip, even at 220 mph. Had a super time there. I can't imagine that that aspect hasn't changed.

oldsoldster

We've visited CWHM a number of times.Dad was a mid-upper gunner on loan to the RAF from the RCAF.He did his tour of 30 ops with 44 Rhodesia squadron in 1944,bombing bridges and Nazi panzer divisions in the lead up to the Normandy invasion. His Lancaster KMB B-Baker was shot down on it's 99th mission,3 weeks before war's end.His pilot did over 90 missions (three tours) and survived the war.Dad was awarded a DFM (Distinguished Flying Medal) for bravery under fire and twice damaging and scaring off German night fighters.He wrote out his memoirs about his wartime experiences ,for which I am very grateful.Many vets took their stories to their graves.

Chuck Foster

the repairs on the lysander are at a standstill right now not sure why but it is just sitting there in pieces. they say they have all of the parts so i guess it is just a matter of time.
i will try to take some pictures of it this weekend and post them here.

chuck