• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

CANCELLED: Coolspring Power Museum Exposition and Flea Market

Added to Calendar: 01-25-20

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
June 18, 19, and 20, 2020 (Exposition & Flea Market - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday - Museum is closed Sunday, June 21)

Single Day Adult Admission - $8.00
Children under 12 years, Members, and Volunteers - Free

Miller 2020 - Featuring Miller Engines and All Engines Built in Springfield, Ohio
Miller 2020: Twenty years after Miller 2000 and the dedication of the 300 hp Miller, this Exposition will include the dedication and running of the 150 hp Miller. All engines built in Springfield, Ohio, will be included.

Single Day Adult Admission - $8.00
Three Day Adult Admission Pass - $16.00
Children under 12 years and Members - Free
Seller's Fee - $35.00

Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day
See our schedule of future Expositions

Please note: The museum is closed on Sunday, June 21

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I will be there. BTW See those rates for admission? If you are showing engines they don't apply. You are greeted at the gate and welcomed. Of coarse it is nice to join the club but not required.

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
Get lot's of pictures Harry. Wish I could be there also, I'v got too many years behind me to make the trip.:clap:

Bear67

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/02/2020
This is from fellow who only started attending a couple years ago, If you can afford to, join and send whatever spare coins you have sitting around This is a trip to mecca for engine guys and the museum deserves our financial support. I live too far away to volunteer my labor, but I have met some neat individuals there and you can never find that size collection of power anywhere else. I met some really great guys from New Zealand last year and they probably enjoyed it more than even I did.
I sent in my dues and a small donation today. Money invested, not spent.
Hope to see you there in June.

Len Spoelman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/25/2019
Some confusion going on. I have been told the Coolspring June show is canceled, but the decision will not be officially made until May 9. Stay tuned.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
This looks promising "Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf (D-PA) announced that his administration is aiming for a May 8 reopening of the commonwealth"

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
Some confusion going on. I have been told the Coolspring June show is canceled, but the decision will not be officially made until May 9. Stay tuned.
Leonard,
Yes, the decision on cancellation will be made on May 9th. It has to be done well in advance of the June show. With visitors from all over the US (and other points on earth) wanting to attend, making the decision in time for proper planning is important. We all hope it will be open and the event occurs. However, I certainly understand the desire to err on the side of caution.

Many of our Coolspring participants and visitors are of the age to be the most vulnerable. Its also a location that doesn't lend itself a great deal to "social distancing". To walk through nearly any of the buildings viewing exhibits requires you to bump and rub against one another. Not the best situation right now. Also, old engines, parts, flea market items and the like are all "touch" items. Pick up an oiler for sale on the grounds and you're probably touching something that 50 others already have before you.

A lot of thought has to go into the open/close decision. We're fortunate that Coolspring's founder is an MD. If anyone is versed in what the proper decision regarding this should be, Dr. Paul is the man.

We all love iron.....we don't love it to the point we want to risk the health of ourselves or others. My guess is June Coolspring is 50/50 at best right now. What it will be come May 9th will tell the tale.

Last edited:

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Just one opinion but I am 72 if you will let me in I will be there. I have studied all I can find. I have downloaded stats from the CDC web site and put them in a spread sheet and based on all I can find I am not the least bit worried about being there.

Brent Rowell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/11/2020
Current CDC guidelines still include "AVOID SOCIAL GATHERINGS in groups of more than 10 people". The question is whether this will still be in effect by mid-June. It only takes one symptomless carrier to infect a large group of people.

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
All,

We regret to inform you that the June 2020 Expo at the Coolspring Power Museum in Coolspring, PA featuring the Miller Engines Expo has been cancelled, due to COVID-19. We are abiding by the mandates as published by the State of Pennsylvania, and we will work with the phase-in guidelines issued by the State.

Please see the schedule below for the museum upcoming events for 2020. We are anxious to get life back to normal, as everyone else wants as well.

Be safe,
The Board of Directors of the Coolspring Power Museum
Coolspring Power Museum 2020 Show Schedule
Saturday, May 9, 2020

Due to COVID-19 and the Phase-In-Steps to reopening the State of Pennsylvania the
Coolspring Power Museum Board of Directors will adopt the following show events for 2020. Please note, the museum grounds and facilities are closed to the public until further notice. However, we look forward to seeing everyone soon!

June Miller Expo - June 18, 19 & 20 - Cancelled until June 2021

******************************************************************************************************
July History Day - July 18, & open July 19 - Currently planned, announcement will be posted on July 1st

August Open Weekend - August 15 & 16 - Currently planned, announcement could be made later

September Open Weekend - September 19 & 20 - Currently planned, announcement could be made later

October Fall Expo - October 15, 16 & 17 - Currently planned, announcement could be made later

******************************************************************************************************

It is with the greatest concern that we have for all of our staffers, guests and visitors to exercise safety during this COVID-19 Pandemic for all. This virus is deadly, as we see each day in the news. Until a vaccine has been found and administered, we are all at risk! Be safe! Please keep checking our website: www.coolspringpowermuseum.org

Sincerely,
The Coolspring Power Museum Board of Directors

Scott Kocher

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/16/2021
HARRY THANKS FOR THE UPDATE .WELL WE HAVE OCTOBER TO LOOK FORWARD TO. PROVIDING THIS VIRUS THING IS UNDER CONTROL BY THEN
ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE FOR THE BEST. STAY SAFE & PATIENT