• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Case 1912 60 hp stationary engine hit&miss live steam

THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ONE TO START ON

THIS IS ON EBAY NOW FOR $60,000.00 OR BEST OFFER:shrug: ITEM # 130267726204

:D THIS IS A 1912 CASE STEAM TRACTION ENGINE 60 HP SERIAL #28806. THIS TRACTOR HAS RECENTLY BEEN PAINTED AND LOOKS NICE AS YOU CAN SEE IN PHOTOS, IT HAS ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS AND TOOLS, THE BOILER SEEMS TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE IT WOULD NEED CLEANING OUT AND INSPECTED AND FOUR FLUES ARE PLUGGED.:mad:
YOU CAN VIEW THIS ENGINE IN LOMPOC CA,

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
It's been listed and relisted at least 1/2 a dozen times already with several threads on here already pointing out several of the 'problems' :brows: with it.

Looks pretty :), but not a good buy !:uhoh:

beth
i called him to find out about it, after all the mumbo jumbo:uhoh: was over with, i told him i would offer him a reasonable offer for it. i told him i was thinking of opening a bbq place and needed a smoker something to smoke bbq with and this would be the thing and he hung up on me. them ca. boys have no sence of humour, i thought it was a good idea.:shrug:

Re:$60,000 Case 1912 60 hp steam engine is back on

ITS BACK ON AGAIN ITEM #130274978354 1912 CASE STEAM TRACTION ENGINE 60 HP SERIAL #28806. :)THIS TRACTOR HAS RECENTLY BEEN PAINTED AND LOOKS NICE AS YOU CAN SEE IN PHOTOS, IT HAS ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS AND TOOLS, THE BOILER SEEMS TO BE IN GOOD SHAPE IT WOULD NEED CLEANING OUT AND INSPECTED AND:( FOUR FLUES ARE PLUGGED.
HE DIDN'T SAY THE SHOVEL THIS TIME. WONDER WHAT TOOLS ARE WITH IT.:shrug:

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Sure must be good paint!!:O ..boiler condition doesn't seem to matter...at least in HIS mind!;):rant:

Beth

3 more offers 3 differant :D potental buyers and all 3 OFFERS declined 12-10-08 :shrug:. Wonder what they offered :crazy:in his mind wasn't enough.:bonk: looks like he needs to stay with model trains.

KG1584

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
I offered him a $100 a while back but he did not bite. I would even pay for shippping. :D

Doug

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Doug,

I'd have been game for $500 and I'd pay the shipping...you know that new paint would look nice & bright in my yard! ...green & red are rather Christmas(y):D

Shall we wager how many times he will post the item until it sells? It seems he has not looked at the economic data lately.:headbang:

Beth:wave:

Tom Brewer

Registered
I would have to wonder if the engine has been inside the whole time since those pretty pictures have been taken. If it has been outside I would bet that it is not as shiney anymore and the value would have gone down.

Tom

Beth

I'd go $600 for a shinny red, green, & black BBQer :O. Ah Memphis BBQ cookoff Look out :D. when are we starten the wager on how many times it post? I say maybe 3 more times at this price. this is the 2nd time running now. was it painted the first time the thread started? well you have to admit he is trying to sell it, from what it started to now at $60,000 (with new paint and a shovel) its got to sell. :zz: I think he needs to start it at .99 and see what it does. he might get lucky and find out what its worth in the REAL world.

Michel

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I didn't make any 'offers' on it but I did ask him why he went to all time time and expense of painting it if the flues were plugged and asked what else it needed done to it that might damage the shiny new paint. Like how's the gearing, the bearings, linkage, stay bolts, etc. etc...... never got a responce of any kind out of him.

I suspect he doesn't really want to sell it and is using it for cheap advertizing for his other items and maybe whatever other business he may run outside of eBay. I don't remember how he originally started listing it when he wanted $130,000.00 and then $100,000.00 a couple times before finally dropping to the $60,000.00 he's been sticking with, but currently running the 30 day auctions, he only has to pay $0.35 cents to list it every month (until it sells) and then they would nail him big time on commissions. If he started with the 7 day or ten day auction format, that would have been a pretty high listing fee each time, now it just cheap advertizing, and if it sells it will be at his price.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Brad,

The overseas buyer may be his target, but has anyone been paying attention to the World Economy? They are in the same boat as we are........:rant:

If I was, or it was, closer, it would be interesting to inspect....then he could see a real engine when he looked at mine & several others in my neighborhood!:D

Mike McKnight

Registered
Beth,
Something tells me he really doesn't care, and ain't much of a steam fan....or else he'd know what he had, and what is was REALLY worth. Probably only sees the "potential" $$$$$$

The first time this thing was listed was a "regular" e-bay auction, and it made $30,000 but didn't make reserve. Methinks he should have taken the $30K and ran.....

I wholeheartedly agree, the global economy is in the toilet right now! The Co. I work for sells most of their product overseas....and ain't had an order to fill since October. 4 million pounds of stuff in inventory, and no one to sell to=five week layoffs for almost ALL hourly employees! :(:(:(:(

Mike

Mike
I am thinking the same thing too. he probly got it for nothing and tring to make a mint out of it. its sad too because there are some people that could bring it back to life, but not at that price. i am like you if he got $30,000 i have sold it in a heart beat and that to me is way out of the ball park. its like the old engine at cookville tn on hwy. 111 would not sell it for love or money. just sitting there for the birds to make a home in. there was a Tavern type K pulverzer for makeing lime. i wanted it real bad one time, and the old man would not sell it at all. i tried for 15 years to buy it and he would not sell. he always told me the same thing i am going to fix it one of these days and it will bring a pretty penny. 17 years later i bought it at his estate auction ( never got fixed) for way less than i had offered in the past. i have been working on it restore it a little at a time, hopefuly this year it will be finished and can go to some shows. i guss we have all heard this line so many times before DON'T WANT TO SELL IT I AM GOING TO FIX IT ONE OF THESE DAYS.

Michel

MARY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE
Well he's got 5 offers now:D all DECLINED:eek:. Anyone want to give a estment of what it would cost to fix it? based on worse case of problems.
mike

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
New boiler: $30-40,000 depending on who does what labor.

Who knows on the rest..could be LOTS!

it seems like every time i have ask him about differant stuff on the engine i get the same thing i don't know or you are welcome to come look at it. i would just like to know what kind of shape it truely is in. be a nice tractor with a fire in it. oh well we will see how many times it get posted in the new year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Mike