• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Case 1912 60 hp stationary engine hit&miss live steam

Marc P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/28/2014
Hey I just checked out the $60000 yard ornament on evil bay and could not find it! I also could not find it under completed listings. I guess evil bay pulled the listing? What a shame I was going to get a third mortgage and buy that sucker! Or he he I was going to offer him a trade for a 300 hp case, with of course the original 20 year old shovel.

Marc P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/28/2014
Strange, when I try to search for the yard ornament it does not come up using the search "case steam tractor". But it did come up using the evil bay listing number and the search "case 1912"! Is the problem with evil bay or my computer I don't know?
Does anybody know a stupid banker that will loan the money(Yeah right)? Or maybe I will try to trade him my 300hp hit and miss case steam tractor for it.
Why does ebay not cut his listing becase of his discription hit miss ect? Although I find the discription "stationary" quite acurate! By the sounds of the condition of the boiler he could put it in his yard and hook it to a garden hose and use it for a lawn sprinker! But he should rember to remove the shovel first as it is the most valuable part of the tractor!
Should one of us invite him to this post so he can join in on the fun too?

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Does anybody know a stupid banker that will loan the money(Yeah right)?
Be careful picking on us bankers!:rant: I've financed a few steam engines for clients, but did not use the engine as collateral.:D Where there is a will, there is a way!

Beth:wave:

HalfKeck

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/17/2016
better watch out for that collateral she wants!:eek: she could teach loansharks a thing or two....:p

:rotfl:you have to like this one as quoted from the listing

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing:rotfl:

must have been the $$$$$$$ or the pictures, couldnt have been the offers.:eek:
if he bought the $,999.00 coal off ebay, it might sell.:rotfl:
keepem steamn

6 offer and all declined :eek: well at least its got more on the listing this time and has been to 2 shows. wonder witch steam men ask first " How much are you asking for it" $50,000 question , that would have been a kodac moment.:D the sediment problem bothers me though.:eek:
Michel

20minnie

Registered
Still on ebay? Like you need another engine Beth! That stripped down Frick in Kentucky a couple of years ago would have been a fine cooker. They even had a door cut in the barrel.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Somehow, I seriously doubt one of those eagle things will land in my barn.....maybe for $50!....ONE Zero, not four!

Beth:wave:

Marc P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/28/2014
Hey Beth, I wasn't talking about you, your not a dumb banker I've never seen your name on the bad list on the news. Plus you love steam!! By the way What's the matter with the eagle?? They play along well with other steam toys.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Now I'm going to have to dig out my show directory.... Didn't realise there were any shows going on in mid December, but I guess California is a little warmer than here in the midwest.

At least he has more pictures now that help to answer a couple questions I sent him including how was the gearing on it.

Would be interesting to see the result of the hydro test on it if he actually has one done. Nice looking engine, but it still makes no sense to put that kind of money into painting up without making sure it was runable first. Any work that needs to be done will ruin the paint job.

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Hey Beth, I wasn't talking about you, your not a dumb banker I've never seen your name on the bad list on the news. Plus you love steam!! By the way What's the matter with the eagle?? They play along well with other steam toys.
Hmmm, that MIGHT be a compliment.:uhoh:

I am an old fashioned conservative banker that asks the right questions to make sure your decisions make sense. I don't do the "product of the month" thing.

Yes, I love steam and have pictures of the engines on my office walls. You would be surprised at how many conversations they start!

Eagles are fine....we have them flying over the lake & woods behind my house:D They really fly neat patterns while looking for prey....

Beth

KG1584

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
Hey look at the auction now - the guy is finally coming around and making sense:eek::eek:

Well he's got it down to $35,000 for the starting bid. wonder how many bids he will get:O. Beth you going to start the bidding first :D, sky could be the next bidder. if he would drop 1 more 0 off the end i could bid:D.
michel