• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Case engine sitting outside in Idaho

Ryan Williams

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/20/2019
The video description mentions it is being moved for a " Greenleaf School". A quick search shows this school is located in Greenleaf, ID. According to some random photos on their FB page, the school seems to have an appreciation for the history these tractors represent. Presumably the tractor is owned by some relation to the school or a community member since it is being displayed there.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I wasn't very impressed with his method of dragging the front end sideways to line up with the truck.

I thought at first he was just going to put a little tension on the one side of the axle and then steer it straight, adding more tension if needed if the steering shaft hadn't loosened up after the first few turns.

But NO. . . Just Drag it Sideways and up the ramp with one wheel chocked, and then eventually with both wheels chocked. o_O

Still a Cool Video Though.

:salute:

n7ifj1

Registered
I wasn't very impressed with his method of dragging the front end sideways to line up with the truck.

I thought at first he was just going to put a little tension on the one side of the axle and then steer it straight, adding more tension if needed if the steering shaft hadn't loosened up after the first few turns.

But NO. . . Just Drag it Sideways and up the ramp with one wheel chocked, and then eventually with both wheels chocked. o_O

Still a Cool Video Though.

:salute:
Those weren't chocks, those were skates to allow the wheels to slide on the deck without damage. They are often used when loading a vehicle that that has a bunch of crash damage and no wheels to roll on.

naylorbros

Registered
My kids, ages 5 and 7, ride the skates down the deck of my brothers tow truck like the deck is a slide. The 7 year old is getting good at working the levers in the right order to move the bed where it is needed.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Those weren't chocks, those were skates to allow the wheels to slide on the deck without damage. They are often used when loading a vehicle that that has a bunch of crash damage and no wheels to roll on.
I kind of figured something like that after he added the second one, but it still doesn't make it right Dragging it Sideways digging into the ground to get it lined up with the truck. . . :bonk:

:uhoh: