• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Case/ Fordson folks

Russ Hamm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2024
That is a real nice tractor!!! What is the story about it?
I didn't read the facebook discussion but I would bet that is a factory experimental during the tractor wars. Notice inline flathead engine, Fordson front wheels and axle, 12-20 rear wheels and fenders. I think the steering wheel is even a Fordson center.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Wonder what year it was taken? Definitely has the looks of the pre production concept of the C. Definitely weren't worried about whose parts they sourced, so it surely wasn't intended for production in that form.

halcon

Registered
They ruined a good Fordson!! All joking aside it looks to be all Case except possibly the the front wheels and axel. Ford bought in the wheels for model 'T"s from either Hayes or one other company that I don't recall, so these may have been out sourced too.

Last edited:

Phil Johnson

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
There are the same pictures and information on this tractor in the Case book "Full Steam Ahead" by Erb and Brumbaugh. It was an evolutionary development model leading up to the Model 'C'. It was designated as the Model G.

Engine was a flathead 4 X 5 bore and stroke. 1200 RPM. Shipping weight 2660 lbs.