• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Cast from the past - Oilfield

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016
Here is a nice 15 hp pattin, Not stuck but missing the mixer valve, connecting rod and brass. We have been waiting for the ground to freeze so we can get some old Iron to the shop. Don't look like that's going to happen. Snakes will be out before you know it.

Attachments

JIMnWV

eMail NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
08/25/2011
Re: ** Cast from the Past **

Snakes are already out here in Southern Alabama, seen one friday when I drove my amphibious excavator out of the mobile river.

Jim

Attachments

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016

Found this old well site over the winter. The standard rig picture sure would make a challenging puzzle. The engine is a Bessemer.

Attachments

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016

Snakes are already out here in Southern Alabama, seen one friday when I drove my amphibious excavator out of the mobile river.

Jim
Jim, That amphibious excavator sure would make a great engine getter :D What are you taking the picture from a helicopter ,If so that would come in real handy? Looks like you have all the fun.:wave:

Tom Winland

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019
Re: Cast from the Past - 15hp Pattin

Hey skidmore,

I think I have a 15HP Pattin Bros mixing valve on the shelf somewhere

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016

Thanks Tom, But I have a valve. It's the connecting rod and brass I can't seem to come up with. Every 15hp I find is missing the Rod and cross head bars . :wave:

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016

Rfinley, you are correct. I think by about 20 years.

Tom Winland

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019

Thanks Tom, But I have a valve. It's the connecting rod and brass I can't seem to come up with. Every 15hp I find is missing the Rod and cross head bars . :wave:
I have a big box of rod brasses for oilfield engines in the shop if you want to look thru it sometime

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016

What a great weekend to go oil patch'n. Check out the workmanship on the stone wall and how about the oilfied grade oil line jerry rig.:DIf only the woods could talk.

Attachments

JIMnWV

eMail NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
08/25/2011

Hi Skidmore,

I actually took the pic from the north tower of the new CSX mobile river drawbridge here in Alabama......And yes the amphibious excavator would be good to fetch engines with....maybe even float across the Ohio River and bring a few back to "OUR SIDE" :D:bonk::wave: Hi Rod :wave:

Jim

Tom Winland

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019

too bad those curved spoke flywheels are broke off :(

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017

Skidmore, anything salvageable in that pile of engines?
Andrew

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016

Too bad about the flywheels but it's a rare find. 1 Struthers & Wells, 2 Farrar & Trefts and a DC&U Tillinghast Convertible. Not a bad weekend.:)Maybe I'll find some flywheels next time.:shrug:

Tom Winland

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019

I sure could use the DC & U for parts for mine. hint hint :)

Rod Fielder

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/14/2016

amphibious excavator would be good to fetch engines with....maybe even float across the Ohio River and bring a few back to "OUR SIDE" Hi Rod
Jim[/QUOTE]

hey jim

i am mounting a 50 cal on the deck of my houseboat so i can keep an eye on you poachers

rod

Tom Winland

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2019

Does the DC & U have the levers and linkages on it, I need some for mine