• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Caterpillar R5 Info??

BOB White12

Registered
We didn't have much wheat to cut this year and It was way behind everyone else's wheat, So I decided to cut for a different crew. Anyway both combine's were broke down and while we were waiting for parts I decided to snoop around the property and saw this parked in one of the storage shed:
IMG_3076.JPG
I don't know much about it but I'm wondering what the specifications are on it. There is very little info on that I can find and info seems sketchy. It says R5 on the side and it has a 4H968 serial number on it. Any info on is appreciated and ill see if I can find the history on it.

Norm W

Registered
That machine is about 14,000lbs. The R means it is a gas/spark ignition tractor as opposed to Diesel. About 1500 were produced. That was an ag tractor and they loved fuel.