• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Chaining Tractors Down

Beth V

We've hauled steam engines since 1966 as well as other equipment. Dad had 2 trailers custom built. We block the drivers of every engine with 4x4 wooden blocks. I like to lift the engine about an inch off of the trailer because they will work down--and then you tighten the chains again.

Never steel on steel.....

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Didn't we do a thread about this a few years ago?
JH
THIS thread was started almost 5 years ago. . . (or will be five years old in a couple months anyway)

I see the other one was started 4 1/2 years before that too, but it's still good information and worth bringing up again.

:salute:

casertractor

Subscriber
Make shure you use Carpet or rug inside of the wheels were the chains will sit as the chains can make a mess of cast wheels over time