Chapman 2 hp video

E

Edwin

Must not be a good enough engine for a comment i guess,maybe next time edwin,lol.

RustyRelics UK

Subscriber
That's a nice engine you have there, I have a 2hp Chapman Style A, I have recently finished building a trolly for it going off the black and white picture in Wendell's big yellow book. Is Black the correct colour ? Mine has received a coat of maroon as the finish colour

Regards Carl

I will try and shot a video of it this weekend

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
The registry on Chapman engines I started like 20 years ago. Here it is: http://buzzcoil.brinkster.net/chapman/page501.html

It is a little outdated and I could use more/better pictures of your Chapman engines and more current info on them. Also, if your Chapman is not in the registry just send me an email and I will add your engine to the Chapman registry.

Thanks!

Denis Rouleau

RustyRelics UK

Subscriber
Hello Denis,
My engine is already on your list Engine # 12480 style A 2hp. When I bought it from a guy in Cambridge, England. It had no cart under it, No ignition coil and I don't think it had run for a good while? This thread started by Edwin has given me a boost to finish the battery box and cart off. I my Chapman running a little while ago, but I have completely finished the job off today. I have recently found out that the engine should be painted BLACK, so that may be a job for the future, but I would like to get a few of my other engines which are down for rebuild/repair

Thanks
Carl

E

Edwin

Carl your engine runs much better than mine,i hope to have mine running as good as yours eventually,thanks for posting the video.

RustyRelics UK

Subscriber
Hello Edwin,
It took a bit of fine tuning and tweaking but I am quite happy with the way it runs, She was smokey at first so I played with the advance/retard lever it seems to run best at nearly half way I've found also too much oil can cause it to run smokey so I treat it like my 1,1/2 hp IHC M 6-8 drops a minute. Also the choke is very sensitive the slightest movement and the thing will quit, it's no wonder that they are rare ... an average farm hand back in the day would fed up of the tweaking and tuning involved, you alter the needle valve and wait 5 mins for it to have an effect due to the figuration of the fuel system. But once you figure out how to set it up. you will be made up with your engine. You have to give it to them, them Canadian boys back in the day could certainly turn out a good engine.

Some photo's
https://picasaweb.google.com/111063970018410088464/CHAPMANEngine?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLenrYDokKncPA&feat=directlink

Carl