• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Clark & Norton half breed with a very interesting bed.

Brian Lynch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
I found this Clark & Norton conversion close to 20 years ago. I've been trying to buy it ever since then. I think the bed was made by Oil Well Supply. Maybe an Innis large mill style engine? I love that bored crosshead and dual flywheel look. The main bearing caps on this engine are massive compared to most half breeds. I know it's not a Bessemer bed, that's pretty obvious. I'm in contact with the owner quite frequently. It will now be a nightmare to get out of where it sits. Twenty yrs ago it would have been a lot easier!:)

Attachments

Bobwyatt

Registered
The bed plate is definitely different for a half breed.. I have only seen 1 other halfbreed with the cross slide like that .. we have a Clark and norton on a struthers bed plate ...