• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Clark & Norton half breed with a very interesting bed.

Brian Lynch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
I found this Clark & Norton conversion close to 20 years ago. I've been trying to buy it ever since then. I think the bed was made by Oil Well Supply. Maybe an Innis large mill style engine? I love that bored crosshead and dual flywheel look. The main bearing caps on this engine are massive compared to most half breeds. I know it's not a Bessemer bed, that's pretty obvious. I'm in contact with the owner quite frequently. It will now be a nightmare to get out of where it sits. Twenty yrs ago it would have been a lot easier!:)

Attachments

Bobwyatt

Registered
The bed plate is definitely different for a half breed.. I have only seen 1 other halfbreed with the cross slide like that .. we have a Clark and norton on a struthers bed plate ...