• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Classic Old Tractor Photos

Jeff Wahl

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/02/2019
A "Classic Old Engine Photos" thread exists on the Antique Gas Engine Discussion board. So I thought why not create one in Lugs and Cleats as a place to share vintage photos of early tractors. I'll get it started with a large cabinet photo of a IHC 45 Mogul tractor...

LeRoy IHC

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
03/07/2018
Hi Jeff

I have an original operator's manual to one of these early 45 Mogul tractors.
A lot of people don't realize this early 45 Mogul was Hit & Miss and not throttle governed

I also have a parts book with this tractor in it. I've been helping a collector look up all the drawings for this tractor as he is in the process of making patterns and castings to recreate one of these. I made the crankshaft pattern some years ago and I'm pretty sure a crankcase has been poured and possibly machined by now for it. It's quite the project.

LeRoy :wave:

Jeff Wahl

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/02/2019
Here's a photo postcard of an another early 45 Mogul. I think I borrowed this one from Ebay :shrug: Thanks for the info LeRoy! That does sound like quite the project!!!

loggah

Registered
Heres a picture of one of Ed Lacroix's lombard tractors working up in the Allagash region of Maine in the late 1920's. i actually own this tractor no.9 i am in the process of rebuilding it this winter. Don

Stuart Landry

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Hello Fredrich,
The tractor in your first picture is a Four cylinder, three wheel drive Saunderson ,
made in the UK , There is one out here in OZ, and i think one in Canada,
Does anyone know of other survivors ?

Goldbug66

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/29/2016
1911 Type B. Interesting extra toolbox. Can't wait to get my B out and head for Pawnee!! Thanks for posting.

eblinga

Registered
Mitchell, is that the one with the Rumely sticker on the back you showed me at the Orange Spectacular this year? That is an awesome photo.

Andy Ebling

Masseytech

Registered
The Saunderson is located at the Western Development Museum in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Just saw it a couple of weeks ago.

m jorstad

Registered
andy yes that is the one i picked up hutch.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

and it does have a nice rumely sticker on the back