• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Cleveland crawler saved!

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
Past friday we went to local scrap yard to unload some light iron. Going over the scales i noticed a track machine that caught my attention. We unloaded and walked over to check it out. We knew the model A engine in place was not original. I noticed it had a decent undercarraige with a good brass tag. So, went back to scale house to collect money and if you dont know it, we ended up spending money! That does happen sometimes when going to junkyards when you take in bad junk and end up buying good junk.. Talking with the yard owner, he tells me it was gonna go thru the shredder at the end of the month. 😲. They loaded machine for us and back home we went. This little crawler is a very late 1917 Cleveland Tractor Co model H #1736. Too bad its missing the Weidley engine,radiator and steering wheel but still a start for something! Few pics to share. 🙂

Attachments

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Well, in my vast assortment of stuff, there is a sorry looking Weidley motor that had been stuck in a EB tractor. Often wondered why someone did that as those Widely motors were not much to start with! Of course the EB motor was also known for short life as well. I wonder how many things were equipped with these motors?

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
recently getting some info from a few Cleveland collectors/owners, telling me with the serial number and casting date on housing this could be the oldest known model H in the air. I guess if that's true, it will be worth restoring.

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
Iandiss zimmerman would be your go to guy , I got a seat off him for my model h
Hi Geoffrey, i spoke with landis last week. He has no more parts for the H except new steering wheel he says. Told me someone last year bought his last 2 H parts machines. 😔