• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Clinton D790 w/ GESCOR Battery charger / 700 watt AC generator

MSchreiber

Subscriber
Got at sale yesterday... never seen a dc batt charger and a ac generator on the same machine b4. Am i thinking right that a battery will start the engine too. I like 'em complete like this. Anyone seen this decal b4? Im wondering whats missing being pictured on the decal... maybe a hourglass? I want to make a new decal 4 it.

Not very many clintons on the stak? Thanks 4 any info/comments:salute:

Attachments

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Re: Clinton D790 w/ GESCOR Battery charger / 700 AC generator

DC charging circuits pretty standard on most gens nowadays. Most DON'T have provisions for starting off batteries being charged though.
Doc

EvilDr235

Registered
I am kinda a Briggs man, but somehow I have wound up with about 8 Clinton engines. Clinton's seem to be very well built. I recently missed out on several big boxes of NOS Clinton engine parts. Half the Clinton I have were just given to me when I bought other brands of engines. I have no problem finding old engines, I just have enough money to buy them all so I try to stick with Briggs engines.

Ken Karrow

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
That is only 8 amp charge rate on 12 volt but it will start on the battery, probably even without a full charge. The button in pix #2 that like like a dimmer switch is most likely a start switch. Used on lots of gennies as well as some IHC equipment.

Bigb

Registered
I have one similar to this that's in unbelievable condition made by Clinton motor Corp, only issue is mine has "sample 2162 " in on the plate in serial number slot so there's no info on it, plz help... I started it and it runs good and looks amazing just need info to date it, not sure if it was a prototype or what..

Hevury

Registered
Re: Clinton D790 w/ GESCOR Battery charger / 700 AC generator

its a 2hp "long life" Clinton engines so they had an hourglass on the decal to show long life. very nice decal!