• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Comical Kato Generator, Briggs Model 23 Ad

K-Tron

Registered
8.40-9hp @3600rpm depending on what version of the model 23 it is. If the governor is set to 1800rpm this engine makes 5.25hp.

Chris

Kevin K

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
From the Ebay page:

"I Believe by doing some research this generators from the 1950s I've seen these sell close to $650" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"hate to see it piece of this Americana go towards scrapped but that would bring me quite a bit of money also" But at 10 cents per pound not even the $50 starting bid.

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I contacted the seller and offered my thoughts on his listing.
Just bashing him here is not helpful. Below is a copy of what I said:

"Hello. I am writing you about the generator you have listed - Item # 273930270907.
While I am an old generator enthusiast and collector, I will not be bidding on this unit simply because I am half way across the country from you. That said, I would like to pass along a couple of thoughts. While your price is certainly reasonable, you are not helping yourself with the completely unreadable pictures of the tags. Providing them was a good idea, but nobody can read them. If you can add the information on the tags to your description, that would help a lot. At least provide the rated watts on the generator tag.
A Briggs & Stratton Model 23 is NOT 23 HP. It is a 23 cubic inch displacement engine. Maximum rated HP on it is 9.5 at 3600 RPM.
I am not trying to offend or insult you. I am on an on-line forum that discusses old generators and yours came up. Just thought I would offer constructive information to help you sell your unit.
Have a good day,"

He replied with:
"Ok thank you"

Now we'll just have to see if anything changes in the listing.