• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Compression tester lister petter

jim delong

Registered
I have a lpa3 diesel mower and am suspicious about my compression. Does anyone know of a compression tester product that I can buy that fits in an injector hole (no threads) and is held down by a fork rod. The diameter of the injector is c. 17mm.

cobbadog

Registered
There are multi fit compression gauges to suit diesel engines and one of them will have the adaptor to suit. I noticed the difference when buying a gauge for the TVO tractor and only then did I read closer about fittings and accessories and basically you will buy a gauge for petrol engines like mine or a diesel kit. As this is something I don't make a living from I settled for a middle of the range model and it works well and once you have one it is amazing how often you want to know what compression it is running at.

PFT

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/07/2020
jim, have you found an appropriate adapter yet? I might be able to make one if you wanted to run up I25 to exit 255. I am just north of the exit on the Frontage Rd. Thompson River Ranch subdivision.