• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Compressor motor runs only clock wise

Curtis

Registered
Hello all. This Emglo compressor was acqcuired from an Estate Sale. The arrow on the pumps wheel points counter clock wise. The engine spun clock wise. I reversed the red and black wire, but the motor just makes a humming noise and shifts back and forth but not rotating. If anyone can give me some further guidance it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.20191228_150003_resized.jpg20191228_150048_resized.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:

MColopy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
look at link a-b in the pic it is hooked for high voltage--230v. If you want 115v you must move the link to the other screw. after getting the voltage right swapping the red and black should change rotation

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I would also guess that that motor is way too small with that large pulley on it to drive the pump.

Keith

G.M.Johnson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/05/8018
That is a large pulley on the motor. Also, the start cap may be bad not giving enough starting torque.