• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Continental R Engine Need Help Please!

turfcat idol

Registered
Like many other Turfcat II owners we need help finding ignition parts. Ours has the Continental R engine model B1B-247 serial 0121. I believe it is the original distributor made by Ducellier. We need points, condensor and maybe a coil, also if anyone knows what spark plug should be used.
Thank you

BTW: Does anyone know what happened to Mid America Power Center....there web site has been suspended.

oldproff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/03/2013
Re: Continental R Engine Need Help Please!!

Welcome to the stak. Some one here will probably have an answer for you. Bill K

Bud Tierney

Registered

I'm sure I had midamericapowercenters adds etc somewhere, but, of course, can't find it, altho I assume their website suspended means they're Kaput....
continentalengines.com/wisconsin-motors.html still comes up, if you haven't tried them.
If they're no help, have you tried Googling Renault ign parts and/or Ducellier ign parts?? Those Cont "R" engines are Renaults, if you weren't already aware. Is Renault still producing cars?? I find no Renault dealer in the local phone book.
Let us know who you've tried

turfcat idol

Registered

Thanks Bud for the reply, yes I have searched the web high and low and everwhere in between!! The reason I was asking about Mid America Power Center is when we (our R/C flying club) first got the Turfcat it needed a water pump and they had it. Thought they might be a supplier for the needed ignition parts.

Ed Radtke

Registered
The last price I saw on tuneup parts was astronomical. I think a pertronics electronic kit is cheaper.But you could try a real auto parts store.You will need the distributor numbers.

Bud Tierney

Registered
Looks like Mid America Power Center is (was?) in St Paul, Minn, phone on online business registries 651-486-7499.
If their phones gone they're probably gone, too--they were the place to go for the Cont R engine parts.
Seems like one of the Dcellier hits that came up mentioned Pertronix ignitions, as Ed R suggested. Good luck.

pond scum

Registered
Ignition Parts for a Jacobsen Turfcat II gw 224
4 cyl ohv Continental R08 or Renault B1B-247 Engine

NAPA ECH EP163 Dist. Cap
ECH EP173 Dist. Rotor
ECH EP153 Condenser
ECH CS252 Points

Worked in my Turfcat.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Ignition Parts Jacobsen Turfcat II gw224
4-cyl ohv Continental R08 or Renault B1B-247 engine.

NAPA ECH EP163 Dist. Cap
ECH EP173 Dist. Rotor
ECH EP153 Condenser
ECH CS252 Points

Worked in my Turfcat.

cubcadet

Registered
Hi, I have a Turfcat T436G and just read this thread and ordered me up some ignition parts. Totol for points, cond., cap, rotor and wires came to about $80 +S&H. I saved more than $100 by going through Northern Power Products. Thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Hi, I have a Turfcat T436G and just read this thread and ordered me up some ignition parts. Totol for points, cond., cap, rotor and wires came to about $80 +S&H. I saved more than $100 by going through Northern Power Products. Thanks for the info.
Edit:
Jacobsen Turfcat T436G, 4cyl. Continental R11 engine w/ Ducellier distributor 2525565A