• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Continental Tiny Tim Generator

brownfrog

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/15/2018
Hello:

I Just inherited a barn fresh Tiny Tim generator.At least that is what i was told it was. I have found no tag or identifying marks as of yet. It is air cooled and painted blue. It turns over and has a hint of compression. It is all there but someone went wacko with a pair of sidecutters. Does anyone have a manual and/or circuit diagram for this machine? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
These engines do not have much compression to begin with. Comp. ratio about 4:1. They don't displace much either. They don't have a throttle either. They depend on the resistance generated by the generater charging to regulate speed.

bartlett0815

Registered
Brownfrog,
Please post pictures. I have a Tiny Tim generator, or is it a Little Joe? There were a couple of discussions here in recent years so you might find your answer by searching the archives of this site. I'm still not exactly sure which unit I have or how its supposed to be wired, but it does put out some voltage when its running.
Good luck,
Kevin in NC

brownfrog

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/15/2018
Hello:

No photos of mine yet but this is an example of what is before us. Mine is in better shape Just needs the pushbutton starter switch repaired. Will share photos and info if I find some. It was made by Continental Motors. Probably has a series field for starting and a shunt field for generating like many of the Delco light plants and a cutout. Hope the photo comes through. Cheers!

Attachments