Coolspring Power Museum

Russell Gilbert

G'day all, WOW you gotta make the effort to get to this rally.
Thursday gone but stil two days to go. A huge assortment of American engines fo sale. World class engines on display. Tired from walking all day so about to have a beer.

Russell from OZ in Coolspring

Oldsiron

Thanks Russell, If you get a chance could you take some pics of the OLDS engines for me and email them to me when you get home? Chris

Luke

Russell

Ron Irving from the Sydney Antique Machinery Club is over there as well. He is into Jacobson engines and I believe they are featuring those this year. Look forward to getting there myself soon.
Cheers, Luke

Wayne Timms

Subscriber
Hi Russell,

It sure is an eye opener !!!!!!!!

Did you get a look at the McVickers engine in one of the sheds? It had me stumped on how it worked. Did you see the big Sombart run, the noise it makes is unbelievable, very impressive.

I bet you are calculating how much you can get into your luggage and then working out where the closest post office is - a tip - there are things called UPS stores and you can send almost anything home, they even pack it for you. :brows:

Hey, next year Nuenen is the weekend before Coolsprings, we are thinking of flying into Frankfurt, going to Nuenen and then flying to Washington to Coolsprings and coming home through LA.

Have fun !!!! :wave:

Cheers,
Wayne

www.bluefuel-whitesmoke.com

Russell Gilbert

Hi Wayne, mate I could not remember the name"McVickers" !! I was searching through he many sheds trying to idetify something out of the ordinary; but heck everything is out of the ordinary. I did not find it. (I whish I wrote it down when you told me about it)I checked back many times on the sombart but it id no get a run. I did get to see most engines run in the shed where the sombart is; including Waynes real tidy repo otto langden (typo) I bougt few trinckets; no engines! Mind you I could have easily filled a trailer with some goooood stuff.

In my opinion we are lucky in Australia to be able to get hold of nice quality engines well under eight to ten grand, In he USA you can double or triple that price for a side shaft and then work your way up from there.

Russell

Mick

Subscriber
G'day russell
its only money mate, you can get some more, just sell some of that pommy junk you have at home and get some nice quality american engines!!, thats what i did after i cam back form the usa in 07!!
but hope you are having fun and i hope to be back in the usa next year myself to see all those lovely coolspring engines
cheers
mick

Russell Gilbert

Well home again, still reflecting on a fantastic trip. Anyone with an interest in stationary engines and heading to the US should not miss this place. No steam, no tractors, just engines and engines and more engines.

I remember when I first started collecting engines, I thought there were two companies; Lister and Ronaldson & Tippet. Wow how times have changed; and the variety just continues to grow. (We never stop learning)

Personally I think we are lucky in Oz, Wether Aussie or English or American engines we have plenty of oportunity to collect a nice variety of gear at a reasonable budget. Well time to get back in my shed and start restoring another engine in stead of talking about it

regards Russell

Michaely

If you get a chance could you take some pics of the OLDS engines for me and email them to me

Chris, these were taken at Coolsprings in 2003 when Olds engines were featured. I used these photos and measurements from this engine to make a lot of parts for mine which is the same size but a bit earlier. I've got others but they are hard copy.

Michael

Attachments

Russell Gilbert

Hi Chris, mate I have a number of pictures to send to you. Still in my camera. I will be busy this comming week but will get some to you the week after that. e-mail me off list if you like so I don't forget.
'
regards Russell