• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Coolspring Trivia

Preston Foster

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2010
In preperation for Coolspring 2012, June Show Feature: Engines Built in Ohio and Celebrating 125 Years of Foos Engines: I have started a monthly Trivia Question.

The last trivia question: The Lyman Boat Company moved from Cleveland, Ohio in 1928 to what city and into the building that once housed what engine builder?

The answer is:"The Ohio Motor Company builder of the Ohio line of engines in Sandusky, Ohio.

The new trivia question is: What Ohio engine builder built the largest engine that is on display at the Henry Ford Museum and where did this engine work before being placed into preservation at the Museum?

Brian Triebner

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2019
Re: Coolspring trivia

Hooven- Ownes- Rentschler Co. A combination gas and steam engine. Page 235 BYB. It was in the power house at Ford . There is a painting on the wall at the museum showing the power station setup , I think 8 or 12 engines.

Last edited:

Preston Foster

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2010
Coolspring trivia time again. Again several people had the correct answer to the last question. Hooven-Ownes-Rentschler Co. A combination gas and steam engine. Page 235 BYB was the correct answer.

The new question: There is a street in Columbus, Ohio named in honor of the father of a famous Ohio engine builder. NAME THE STREET.

Preston Foster

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2010
I had a feeling that this answer would come up quick. Lets carry it one step further. What did Foos do to have the honor of a street named for him and what other honor was he given.