• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

could someone tell me if this is an early Wisconsin engine

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Re: could someone tell me ifthis is an early wisconsin engine

It says Wisconsin so I think it is.

K-Tron

Registered

That is a fantastic find! Early air vane governed AG. I wish I could find a couple old engines like that to add to my lineup of Wisconsin engines.

Chris

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019

Nice find! January 1938 build.

Lonnie Grissom

Registered

I have one that is just like yours. It powered a water pump. I hav not been able to find a crank. May have to make one. I bought mine just for the wico mag. I need mag for parts for mag for j d 3 hp ep. Later found another mag for parts. I got two projects to get running the Jd and Wisconsin.

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020

Very nice. I have a couple AF's but no AG's. None as nice as that one.

Mike Otis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/28/2019

I have one like that found a crank for it on ebay

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019

Here’s a photo of my 1937 AG. It turns over, but I’ve never tried to run it.
They must not have made very many of these earlier engines. They don’t turn up very often at all.

Attachments

Doug Tallman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2019

Does anybody know for sure when the early squared off shroud was replaced with the shroud with the edges rounded on the front? Maybe a serial number break for the change?

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
Good question, Doug! My gut feeling is it was around 1939 or so, but I’ve never really done any research.

Doug Tallman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2019
I'm thinking 39-41 range but have been trying to narrow it down. It seems like it happened when they went from the 2 digit model designation to the 3 digit. Kind of wondering if it happened between the 5 digit serial and the 6 digits. I don't have any 6 digit numbers with a square shroud or any 5 digits with the rounded ones. I'd also like to find a date chart for the 4 digit numbers.