• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Craigs List Kohler: Sad news fellas...

Some of you may remember that I responded to a Craigslist ad a couple of months ago, regarding a Kohler of unknown wattage (tag gone) with an L600 engine, cracked sub base and smashed radiator. Hey, it was only 70 bucks so I bought it. Since picking it up involved a seven hour drive through winter weather, I made arrangements with the seller to just store it until I could get up there. He gave me until the first of June. I agreed and offered to forfeit the money if I didn't follow through.

Well, the first of June is coming up and because of the stupid virus lock downs I just can't do it. I'm going to call the man tomorrow and tell him to keep the funds and offer my apologies. Not worried though as these nice old generators seem to be showing up more and more lately, usually at low prices because everyone wants the latest and greatest.

Never give up, never surrender!

Power

Registered
George, I do not think that virus stops you from traveling. We are going to help my daughter in Nashville. Her husband just drove to Atlanta, dropped car and flew back. No issues- just need a mask when around people.

nblack

Registered
What uglyblue said. there has got to be someone locai-ish that can help. Or, maybe, with all the virus crapola, he will understand?

Well, I've been thinking about it and I might just call tomorrow and see how flexible they are. I'm not personally worried about the virus that much, but the police in other states have "orders", if you know what I mean. Maybe I can offer them a few more bucks for some additional time. Fingers crossed guys!

Power

Registered
Well, I've been thinking about it and I might just call tomorrow and see how flexible they are. I'm not personally worried about the virus that much, but the police in other states have "orders", if you know what I mean. Maybe I can offer them a few more bucks for some additional time. Fingers crossed guys!
? I do not understand. You saying they stop you from passing through?

Zephyr7

Registered
We all have to choose our battles, but “orders” are NOT laws...
Only under martial law, which has not been declared anywhere. What we’re seeing is lots of excessive governmental response due to well meaning but ignorant people.

You should be able to travel around now aside from inside some of the most affected CITIES. It’s doubtful you’ll have any issues on an interstate anywhere else as far as I know. I would expect the seller to understand though, everyone everywhere knows what has been going on and it’s certainly not your fault your deal got delayed.

Bill