• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Crocker Wheeler Bipolar Motor

Richard Miller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/19/2020
Looking for RED FIBER insulating board for my bipolar coil restoration.. Mcmaster Carr does not show this material or maybe it goes by another trade name. Looking for 1/8" thickness X 12" X 12" sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kirk Taylor

Registered
Looking for RED FIBER insulating board for my bipolar coil restoration.. Mcmaster Carr does not show this material or maybe it goes by another trade name. Looking for 1/8" thickness X 12" X 12" sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
McMaster-Carr has the material, but theirs is gray instead of red. The item description is "vulcanized fiber".

Ronald E. McClellan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
I was looking for the same thing several years ago and had to buy the gray. I was able to turn it red by using food dye. It worked out great. Ron

Steve Kunz

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I got some from my buddy that is an electrician, they call it fish paper. I think it was a blueish gray.