• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Cushman Binder 4hp

Ret AF

Registered
After a year and a half, I finally completed my project. I purchased the engine at an auction in Oct. 2015 - it had a frozen piston and broken timing gear. Thanks to this website I found the parts I needed and the help of a good machine shop to hone the cylinder for the new piston. The cart wheels were purchased at Florida Flywheelers show, the battery / buzz coil box at a flea market, the milk can and gas tank from a buddy in Titusville, Florida. The rest of it was many trips to the hardware store. Until I get the Schebler Carborator rebuilt, I'm running it with a Tillotson carb. First time start was only a few turns until it fired - I'm going to be 68 years old soon and can still start it myself!![/ATTACH]

Attachments