• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Cushman Binder 4hp

Ret AF

Registered
After a year and a half, I finally completed my project. I purchased the engine at an auction in Oct. 2015 - it had a frozen piston and broken timing gear. Thanks to this website I found the parts I needed and the help of a good machine shop to hone the cylinder for the new piston. The cart wheels were purchased at Florida Flywheelers show, the battery / buzz coil box at a flea market, the milk can and gas tank from a buddy in Titusville, Florida. The rest of it was many trips to the hardware store. Until I get the Schebler Carborator rebuilt, I'm running it with a Tillotson carb. First time start was only a few turns until it fired - I'm going to be 68 years old soon and can still start it myself!![/ATTACH]

Attachments