• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Cushman Cub 2 hp Carb Issue

Dave Neal

Registered
I recently brought home a Massey Harris model 14, eng # 6540,750 rpm. These specs are from the brass tag. Upon research I believe this is a Cushman Cub manufactured for Massey Harris. The carb, or fuel mixer, is a puzzle and has been significantly damaged and I would like to replace it. I believe it is made from magnesium or some other metal. I found one on "Engineadds"and I believe they are associated with SmokStak. The puzzle is that my carb and "intake manifold" are threaded--1- 1/2 inch diameter and 18 tpi. The carb on engine adds is brass but appears NOT to be threaded.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
Dave

Nathan K.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
Re: Cushman Cub 2 hp carb issue

Hi Dave.
They used both threaded and smooth carbs not really interchangable. How is yours damaged, maybe it can be repaired?,
Nathan

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Re: Cushman Cub 2 hp carb issue

The 'pot metal' (zinc alloy) that Cushman used for their carbs was a crappy metal. It distorted with age, was very brittle (tended to break), and it developed stress fractures that rendered them useless. You might try a want ad in the Engin-ads section of the Stak, or see if one of our engine parts sponsors has a replacement. Good luck!:O