• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Cushman model C Carb Float

Sch1983

Registered
Hi Guys Ive got a schebler model D Carb from my cushman model C motor that needs a new float. Im just wondering how on earth do u get the old float out without destroying it?? Mine was broke right where the float bolts on to the lever. It seems like a really tight fit to slither it under the centre part of the carb? know what I mean? I just dont want to break the new float when installing it. Am i missing something here? like does the centre part of the carb come out cause the float goes right around it. thanks Ben:O:):eek:

mmcdonald

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
Re: Cushman model C carb float

Float goes in bowl, then lever is installed, then float is attached to lever. You cannot put in as an assembly..... at least I can't. haha. Removal is reversed. Unscrew float from arm, remove arm, then remove float. There's not tons of room to spare but if the float is shaped correctly it is no problem. Good luck.

Jim Parrott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2018

Ben,

Assemble the float to the lever but leave it loose, you should be able to get the lever in position and secured. Then tighten the float and install the needle valve. Hope this helps.

Jim

Ret AF

Registered

I had to replace the float also. I sat down and studied it for awhile. Went and got some coffee, and studied it some more. What comes apart, must go back together (sometimes)! I also hand made the gaskets since everything was missing. After 6 months or so, I got the nerve to install it back on the engine. After a few turns, it started right up! No leaks anywhere! I paid $20 bucks for the new float - but it was worth it!

Sch1983

Registered

Ok. thanks for replys. Will a float from a DLX Carb Work like this one?? :)

Harley # 1271-24

Attachments

mmcdonald

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
Dimensions are what's important, not what it fits. It appears to be generally the right shape. Have to check dimensions.