• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Daniel Best Steam Tractor in Nevada

Andy Williams

Registered
I collect some old photos and recently got one of a 1900-1905 ?
Daniel Best tractor that looks to be in a salvage yard or junk pile. I don't have a scanner now but hope to get it posted later. The picture on the back says "an old steam engine, Nelson, Nevada 1949" the tractor is missing some parts, the horizontal water tank pulley and other small items. it has a pile of old car body parts beside it and looks like a camper of delivery truck behind it. it looks like the one on the 20 mule team borax site. i wonder if it was ever restored or if anyone knows what happened to this tractor. it was not scrapped during the war since the picture is dated 1949. so it might still be around today. andy

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Re: Daniel Best steam tractor in Nevada

I have not been to Nelson, its a touristy "ghost town" today, not my thing, and its too damn hot down there. Looks like there are plenty of pics and some youtube vids of the town, lots of old stuff, most has probably been drug in since your pic was taken. Its a day trip out of Vegas, get a cheap flight in November or December.

Andy Williams

Registered
Re: Daniel Best steam tractor in Nevada

I think i found the tractor on some flickr photos i emailed the guy to see if the photo was in nelson but havn't heard back. it looks the same except missing the smoke stack and now has a water tank. it is missing the same parts as the one in the photo i have. looks like it was drug in. maltesehunter great old photo and thanks for the info dalmatian girl61. as i said no scanner now but i'll get it fixed. andy