• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Dating this small drill press NO.1 Langelier

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
Wanted to share some pics and possibly see if someone could possibly help date this very small belt driven drill press. It’s casted Langelier No.1. I spent a little time cleaning it up this evening and getting all the linkage free. (Was stuck a little). Been in storage for decades. I believe someone replaced the flat belt pulley with a small Vbelt pulley at one time. Looks like it could be missing a pulley also that would be on back side post maybe used off a line shaft? Anyone have an identical drill press they can share pics of so I know what I’m missing? Any help dating this or other knowledge that can be shared much appriciated!
Thank you

Attachments

ulgydog56

Registered
just guessing 1890s to early to very early 20th century, works off a belt line?. nice peace....fire....:D