• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Delco 1278

Mobile Mechanic

Registered
Well I finally got it home and doing a little bit of research I have myself adelco 1278 I was wondering if anybody knew some more about this particular power plant I know it's got the fuel pump in it and it can be run off a governor for just the belt work but I'm also really looking for maybe some valve springs and keepers the one looks like it's broke it's not stuck but it doesn't move a whole lot so any help would be great and manual would be also great to thank you for your help guys have a very merry Delco Christmas

David Babcock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Ive got one too. If you wanted to see another one, iam only about 40 miles from you. Db.

Mobile Mechanic

Registered
Right on David.. that sounds like a good plan to me.. I know with the holidays coming up it might be busy.. pm me when you get some time and I would love to get a good look at it..

FDChief

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/08/2017
I have reprint manual for sale.
We also have some parts for sale.
And we have a Facebook page if you are interested in joining it.

Thanks
Jeff
Fdchief@aol.com