• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

DC Light Plants Delco 752 replacement valves

tbird255

Registered
Is there a good source of intake valves for this engine? I see that the model T valves are almost a perfect fit for the exhaust, but is there a source for the smaller diameter intake valves (without a lot of grinding/shaping to fit).

Ottos hooked me up with rings, so hopefully once I get my valves fit, I just have some minor wiring to repair to get mine running.

My local NAPA dealer used to be able to order any size valve you could think of from a multi page list. Stem, head and length were all given and they weren't expensive at all. Recently they stopped offering this service, but a real "hard parts" engine rebuilder should be able to get them easily.

Are you sure the heads are different sizes? I find that a bit hard to believe as any manufacturer would keep the parts uniform to simplify construction. My 850 took model T valves (oversized stems) in both the intake and exhaust.

tbird255

Registered
My local NAPA dealer used to be able to order any size valve you could think of from a multi page list. Stem, head and length were all given and they weren't expensive at all. Recently they stopped offering this service, but a real "hard parts" engine rebuilder should be able to get them easily.

Are you sure the heads are different sizes? I find that a bit hard to believe as any manufacturer would keep the parts uniform to simplify construction. My 850 took model T valves (oversized stems) in both the intake and exhaust.
I ended up buying model T valves. Heads were both way different sizes. Exhaust was 1.15 , and intake was .815. I also up-sized my valve stems so I could ream out the guides to the correct size.

I ended up buying model T valves. Heads were both way different sizes. Exhaust was 1.15 , and intake was .815. I also up-sized my valve stems so I could ream out the guides to the correct size.
Oh, great............now you've got ME worried! Well, I had intended to pull the head for some additional work anyway so maybe I'll double check those valves after all! :)

tbird255

Registered
At least it's not hard to service...if it's not seized. Still baffled how user friendly it is. If only the cams didn't put so bad from condensation.