• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

DC Light Plants Delco 752 replacement valves

tbird255

Registered
Is there a good source of intake valves for this engine? I see that the model T valves are almost a perfect fit for the exhaust, but is there a source for the smaller diameter intake valves (without a lot of grinding/shaping to fit).

Ottos hooked me up with rings, so hopefully once I get my valves fit, I just have some minor wiring to repair to get mine running.

My local NAPA dealer used to be able to order any size valve you could think of from a multi page list. Stem, head and length were all given and they weren't expensive at all. Recently they stopped offering this service, but a real "hard parts" engine rebuilder should be able to get them easily.

Are you sure the heads are different sizes? I find that a bit hard to believe as any manufacturer would keep the parts uniform to simplify construction. My 850 took model T valves (oversized stems) in both the intake and exhaust.