• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

DC Light Plants Delco 752 replacement valves

tbird255

Registered
Is there a good source of intake valves for this engine? I see that the model T valves are almost a perfect fit for the exhaust, but is there a source for the smaller diameter intake valves (without a lot of grinding/shaping to fit).

Ottos hooked me up with rings, so hopefully once I get my valves fit, I just have some minor wiring to repair to get mine running.

My local NAPA dealer used to be able to order any size valve you could think of from a multi page list. Stem, head and length were all given and they weren't expensive at all. Recently they stopped offering this service, but a real "hard parts" engine rebuilder should be able to get them easily.

Are you sure the heads are different sizes? I find that a bit hard to believe as any manufacturer would keep the parts uniform to simplify construction. My 850 took model T valves (oversized stems) in both the intake and exhaust.

tbird255

Registered
My local NAPA dealer used to be able to order any size valve you could think of from a multi page list. Stem, head and length were all given and they weren't expensive at all. Recently they stopped offering this service, but a real "hard parts" engine rebuilder should be able to get them easily.

Are you sure the heads are different sizes? I find that a bit hard to believe as any manufacturer would keep the parts uniform to simplify construction. My 850 took model T valves (oversized stems) in both the intake and exhaust.
I ended up buying model T valves. Heads were both way different sizes. Exhaust was 1.15 , and intake was .815. I also up-sized my valve stems so I could ream out the guides to the correct size.

I ended up buying model T valves. Heads were both way different sizes. Exhaust was 1.15 , and intake was .815. I also up-sized my valve stems so I could ream out the guides to the correct size.
Oh, great............now you've got ME worried! Well, I had intended to pull the head for some additional work anyway so maybe I'll double check those valves after all! :)

tbird255

Registered
At least it's not hard to service...if it's not seized. Still baffled how user friendly it is. If only the cams didn't put so bad from condensation.