Delco Light Plant Correct Plug?

David Babcock

Subscriber
Iam working on a delco light plant. I see many plants including mine show use of ac plug 76-s. I cant seem to find a cross reference to either ac or champion for this number? I realize most 7/8 plugs would work. Just wanting correct if possible. Thanks.

I am working on a Delco light plant. I see many plants, including mine, show use of AC plug 76-S. I can't seem to find a cross reference to either AC or Champion for this number? I realize most 7/8" plugs would work. Just wanting correct if possible. Thanks.
Looking at images, the AC 76-S (image borrowed from the internet) appears to be just a little longer than the Champion W18. The Autolite 3076 is significantly shorter than even the W18.
Another plug to take a look at is the Autolite 3077. It is a hot plug that has the short housing of the 3076 but uses an extended electrode. The overall length might be very close to the 76-S.
There's a bit of discussion on the Vintage Chevrolet Club forum regarding 76-S plugs. You might snoop around there to see what you can glean from it.
As you say, most any 7/8" plug will work. Of the common plugs available, it looks like the W18 Champion or the Autolite 3077 would be the closest matches.

Attachments