• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Delco Light Plant Help

davekm63

Registered
We are about to start working on a Delco Light Plant that has not been started for 30 years. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram, or any type of service manual that might help us. We are not that familiar with the Delco, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks Dave

Don C. Wiley

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/08/2010
The first thing I need to know is the Model nuber of you unit. If you will post a couple of pictures of your generator I can probably identify it. Delco-Light made in excess of 90 different models of generators and a picture is about the only way to "nail" the model number down.

I have several reprint manuals for different models, mostly the most comon or most sold.

If you will ask me some specific questions about your unit, I can probably answer the most of them off of the top of my head, or I losts of literature I can refer to.

"DELCO DON":p:OSouthern Illinois:):wave:

davekm63

Registered
Don-

I will get back to you on this, my dad has more knowledge of it then I, and I will get you pictures at the very least, and hopefully other info too.

Thank you so much!

ehpower2

Registered
wow that is one of the nicest ones i have seen in orgional condition or was it restored a long time ago. I am not an huge expert of these but it appears to be either a 750 or 850 model fyi you do need to have a battery bank attached first because if you dont have a battery bank attached you can burn out the generator end.you will need 32 volts usualy 2 12 and a 8 volt battery.

davekm63

Registered
It was restored 40 years ago by my grandfather. I knew about the batterys but I am just trying to identify it so I can get manuals and diagrams to get it running again. Thanks.

David M. Lyon

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/12/2020
four of the 8 volt, deep cycle, golf cart batteries work great.:D But, They are pretty pricey!:eek: 'bout $125.00 bucks apiece.:shrug:

davekm63

Registered
I just wanted to bring this back to the top in an attempt to see if I can catch Delco Don, for further details and information on our delco.