• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Delco Light plant

D

Don C. Wiley

I am looking to buy a two cylinder liquid cooled Delco Light Plant.

G

Gus Simms

Good luck!! I've yet to see one. Let me know if you find one.

Don C. Wiley

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/08/2010
Gus;

If you will note the date my inquiry was put on Harry's, that was nine years ago. My how time flys when you're enjoying life and a great hobby.

Since that was placed on Harry's, I've found one in really rough shape. I was very sick for about a year there, but I got it restored. Well sort of. I got it running without water in the radiator, just to make sure it would run. It has several problems, that needs some attention before I declare it "restored".

The two cylinder engine was made by Stover. Check the archives under Stover and you should find a picture of my generator and an engine just like mine. Elden Durand and his friend restored one, but it doesn't have the generator on it. http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand/stoverdv2/stoverdv2.html
Mine is a bit different, in that, it has a governor.

"DELCO DON" :p;)Southern Illinois:wave: