• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Delco Light Plant

wydiver

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2010
What is a complete delco light plant worth?
thanks for all the help
bryon

JBdairy

Registered
Re: delco light plant

I would think we would need to know some more information. It would be like someone saying "What is a Chevy worth?" Any idea on year, size or model? Running condition? What shape? Any pictures?

wydiver

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2010
Sorry, will get more info tomarrow. Now that I see the question it does sound vauge.
Thanks
bryon

wydiver

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2010
Ok, got a couple pic's...the light bulbs say 34 on them, so I am assuming that this is a 32 volt system. Any way let the experts speak. its not locked up and seems complete.
Sorry for the bad quality pictures.
Thanks for all the help
Bryon
moto_0041.jpg

moto_0042.jpg

Don C. Wiley

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/08/2010
That's a Model-850 and I wouldn't pay more than $80.00 for it. The air tube cap isn't the correct one, but will work. The correct one has slots in it. To show you how vague your first question was, Delco-Light made 90 different models from Little Joes to four cylinder models, so there would be no way to give an accurate price on it. The Model-850 was the most popular of all the generators that Delco-Light made and there are an abundance of them still left.

All generators are hard to sell, because of the electric wiring assosiated with them. Most of them need the wiring correct for them to function properaly.

"DELCO DON":p:cool:Southern Illinois:shrug::O

wydiver

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2010
Thanks Don, the first post was just excitement. Most of the ones I have seen looked like this one and I somewhat assumed there were only a couple models. I have been researching old posts on here and assume that you have to have 32 volts connected. is this to start or run?
Thanks again for all the help. (you sell the manuals right)?
Bryon

Don C. Wiley

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
03/08/2010
Bryon;

Yes I have manuals to sell, contact me off line and I'll give you the information.

It requires 32 volts to crank the engine and to provide a "load" for the generator. The mixer on the Model-850 has a pre drilled orifice to allow the engine to run the prescribed 1250 rpm under the charging load. You can do other things, but that is the way it was designed to opperate.

"DELCO DON" :p:)Southern Illinois;):wave: