• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Detroit Model G - Brass Compression Fittings

Jeff Blaney

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/25/2020
I am currently rebuilding a Detroit Model G, five port, force feed lubricator for my Moline Universal Tractor. At the point to do some testing with it, I have ran into a snag with the brass compression fittings at the discharge point of the lubricator.
The fittings are built to accept 1/4" tubing, but as you can see the original fittings have 22 threads per inch, while the modern fittings have 24 threads per inch. I am missing all of the the original 22 tpi nuts and cannot fasten the copper tubing to these discharge fittings.
Anybody else run into this issue before? What sorts of fittings are available with a 22 tpi thread pitch if any?

Thanks.

Attachments

Jeff Blaney

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/25/2020
Thinking some more about this issue, I was able to retrieve one of the few remaining oil lines, nuts and ferrules that was left on the tractor. As you can see the ferrule itself is a different design from the modern type. This makes sense as the taper on the new and old elbows is different as well.
Is this just old, obsolete technology or are there different ferrule/taper profiles still available these days?

Attachments