• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Deutz,Goulds, Introduction , and Help

FabePappa

Registered
Hi Folks. Ill leave it to the administrator to post this in the proper area.
An Introduction .
I am currently in Buenos Aires , Argentina. I had to come here to recover a property that has been in my family and was overtaken by squatters ( long story , VERRRY primitive and corrupt peoples here)
Anyway , I recovered the property .
The place dates from about 1850. Sometime after that , the italian imigrant that built this place aparrantly spared no expense.
There is a pumphouse all in ornamented brick and it contains these two jewels.
Although I am not unfamiliar with things mechanical , as I worked in the defense industry , I must admit my amateur in the arena of restoring these units.
I am hoping to estabish interaction with the participants of this forum so as to make my stay here that much more bearable. ( people here fix things with wire and epoxy ).
That said , here are some pictures.
I am most interested in identifiing the specific model of the pump and advice as to its restoration , as it does not turn freely .

Attachments

Tom Geier

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2017
You have a Goulds Pyramid pump. I cant tell what size it is. Looks like almost is there. You are missing the air chamber on top. I have a 4 x 5 pump. If you need help restoring it. Send me your email. I will be gladly to take it apart and show you any part you need to see.

Attachments

FabePappa

Registered
I thank you inmensly for the info !.
I had no doubt someone here you ld have the knowledge.
My email is sedona1963@gmail.com.
I cannot identify the model numer,however , the part number you see in the pictures i had uploaded show a part number. That number was taken from the main body casting. Might that identify the model from a chart ?
Also . How difficult is it to obtain the missing air cylinder ? What is its function ? Can i BE any more green ????
Thanks !

FabePappa

Registered
The number I reference is rather illegible in the picture I posted. the number would be 16310 or 18310.
Look for my post regarding the Deutz Gasmotoren that I have that aparrantly ran this pump