• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

DeVilbiss Air Compressor

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
That rig looks NICE!

Got a shot of that motor nameplate? :D

markH

Registered
I have a big 1957 Devilbliss catalog i could look in , if your interested. Not sure what year that compressor could be

K-Tron

Registered
gtx468, You are having trouble identifying your unit because Devilbiss in their infinite wisdom decided to issue a different compressor number for every different setup that they had. Your setup is clearly the PL-501, however your compressor is not a PL-501. It looks like a model 220 or 230 compressor to me, which is a single stage compressor, 100 to 120psi maximum pressure, 300 to 900rpm operating range.

Chris

gtx468

Registered
just trying to find out the directions decal that is/was on the deck so I can get it reproduced if anyone has one intact. PM me.

Discipulus

Registered
I finally found a true expert on all things air compressors. His name is Troy Cross. He is rebuilding a DeVilbiss 432 for me. You may contact him at Compressor Parts & Equipment, in Oklahoma City. His business number is 405 635 1814. An absolute wealth of information and knows where to find parts for the old stuff, like all my stuff... King of Obsolete.