• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Different Disk Sander

mcostello

Registered
Re purposed (salvaged :) ) this from work as it was going to go to China. 12" diameter wheels. The left side slide has an adjustable counterweight to balance the table as it swings to finish a part to size. Has graduated dials. It will be fixed as an underneath drive with the belt coming up disk sander 1.jpgfrom below. Thought it woul[/ATTACH]d get the most enjoyment here. I also have 2 grinding whels that I am going to mount on flat disks and use on the side of the wheels.

Attachments

sasquatchm

Registered
Re: different Disk sander

Congrats on grabbing and saving the grinder, a sturdy machine that will still run for a couple more generations.

Robt.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Re: different Disk sander

From the slotted table, large bearing and heavy ground(?) shaft it rotates on, I would say it was designed to have a workpeice bolted to the table then swung up against the disc manually. Sort of like an overgrown gemstone faceting machine!