• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Does anyone know what this carb would fit?

Tony Glaser

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
I got this carb with a three hp Fairbanks parts engine and was wondering what it came off of? It's a bendix stromberg south bend Indiana. Any help would be great thanks!

Attachments

K-Tron

Registered
Tony, Wisconsin used a lot of Bendix-Stromberg carburetors in the 1950s and 60s. It probably fit a ACN, ABN or BKN. Hard to tell without knowing what model it is. Are the throttle/choke shafts seized up? Both control levers appear to be missing.

Chris

Tony Glaser

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
Thanks for the quick reply the throttle linkage is there but the linkage that controls the choke is missing. Again thanks!

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/10/2019
Looks like the carb on a couple of my Onan W2C generators. They used several types, but that definitely looks like one of them.

Andy Williams

Registered
i don't know what it originally fit but as a teen i had one and put it on a 4/5 hp tecumseh on a small riding mower that i used for a gokart i used a wire for throttle linkage, no governor. it was something my uncle had got somewhere he did construction in the 50s and 60s. i think off a cement mixer since it had a little cement on it and some yellow paint. it was probably off a wisconsin since it was in with some other wisc. parts.