• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Does anyone recognize this Mogul?

David Parfitt

This photo of a Mogul appeared in a UK magazine in the 1980s, but I have been unable to find out what has happened to it since. It is an original UK import and has quite a distinctive (age-related?) registration plate. If anyone knows where it is now, perhaps they could drop me a PM or email (david@steel-wheels.net)?

Many thanks

David

Attachments

Harry Henderson

David, I did a quick search on the government web-site for UK vehicles and that the Mogul is listed and road taxed! There may be a way of obtaining the serial number via this way.
I have hyper-snapped the info. I don't the cc's are quite correct but you can see it was "computer" registered in 1985 but built in 1916 and registered in Peebles, Scotland. As they say, "its out there!" Harry

Attachments

Kevin Watson

This photo of a Mogul appeared in a UK magazine in the 1980s, but I have been unable to find out what has happened to it since. It is an original UK import and has quite a distinctive (age-related?) registration plate. If anyone knows where it is now, perhaps they could drop me a PM or email (david@steel-wheels.net)?

Many thanks

David
Did it say in the Magazine where the tractor was on show at:shrug:

R

Richard Sturdy

David, I did a quick search on the government web-site for UK vehicles and that the Mogul is listed and road taxed! There may be a way of obtaining the serial number via this way.
I have hyper-snapped the info. I don't the cc's are quite correct but you can see it was "computer" registered in 1985 but built in 1916 and registered in Peebles, Scotland. As they say, "its out there!" Harry
How do you do that Harry:confused:?

Tricky Dickie

Harry Henderson

Great idea Model K! I could walk around Tricky's expanding shed saying "I'll have that one, that one, and, Ohh yes, thatone!

---------- Post added at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 ----------

I should have added to the last reply, but hit the button too soon :eek:
Here is the web link;

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Home and hit "vehicle enquiry"

There isn't too much info available but you can enter the registration number & make and see if there is a log book (V5C) in existence. I did it via my Raspberry with a nice John Deere A wide front at the last Cambridge sale. It came back, yes it is registered, new in 1944. It would be good if the system would display the serial number, very useful in Davids case.
But we should be thankful for small mercy's with our car taxation system.
But it is very useful and interesting, for any road going vehicle, I learned to drive in a 1963 Land Rover, sold it soon after and its still out there.
I don't want to get into a whole new debate/can-of-worms but I believe originally imported UK tractors and those with UK history and a original UK registration number will be the ones to collect as there seems to be less of those than collectors these days. Harry :)

Kevin Watson

I agreewith Harry the is some thing very Britsh about a big old TVO American bulit tractor. Err if you know what i mean:crazy:

StuartUK

Does anyone know if the Mogul 8-16 that was shown in the book "A parade of old farm tractors" made it into preservation ?.The book was published in 1979 ( i think ) but not sure when the actual photo was taken !.Many times i have wondered if that Mogul was saved or what happened to it.

StuartUK

Have you tried to contact the author of those books David ?.He published three volumes of them so he must of been interested in old tractors and would no doubt remember that old Mogul.I know its a long time ago but IF those photos were taken in the late 1970,s then im sure it would of been saved ?.For some reason i keep thinking the photos were taken in a scrap yard in Lincolnshire ??

Peter Short

Subscriber
I had a book Old Farm Tractors by Philip Wright, published in 1962. Among the photos were a few of tractors still being used in Britain at time of publication, including a couple of Moguls.

Attachments