• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Don't laugh..is there a non stick material for crawler tracks

flyguy5219

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/25/2013
Just wondering...anybody found a spray or brush on non stick material for dozer tracks?
Looking to keep dirt and mud build up to a minimum.
Thanks

gdstew

Registered
There is a product called "Slip Plate" sold at the farm stores. It is a graphite product that you put between metals. Don't have a clue if it would work for you or not. Don't know how long it would last, might wear off quickly.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
I have two tracked machines and the best i can tell you is if its wet dont use them! Dry is not bad the dirt will sift itself out, I keep a narrow shouvle on hand for mud.

TomA

Registered
There is a product called "Slip Plate" sold at the farm stores. It is a graphite product that you put between metals. Don't have a clue if it would work for you or not. Don't know how long it would last, might wear off quickly.
Graphite paint works good on rusty moldboards. It sticks good to rust, when it wears off steel is shining. Best to shine tracks when dry, keep car inside to keep from rusting.

flyguy5219

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/25/2013
Thanks for the Slip Plate suggestion. I was hoping for a spray on "PAM for Tracks" like stuff.😄
I'll look into it. I have one crawler that picks up way way less dirt than a couple of others I have...clumped dirt just falls off that one.

rodneyt

Registered
a year or two ago i was looking at an advert for mouldboard plough shares which had a plastic or extra tough type of teflon type coating to make them less sticky / more efficient, especially for clay type soils in wetter conditions, not recommended for high abrasive types of sandy soils,

but it seems mr google hasnt heard of them yet, sorry i cant remember company name either, i expect i would have the info buried in an old downloads folder somewhere.

maybe the reason google cant find them is they dont make them anymore? they were advertised as tried and tested and proven to be worthwhile in the really sticky soils, so they should be around somewhere.

whatever it is, it could be suitable, it should be more durable than any ordinary paint, i dont know what process it was put on with, or if it was a sheet somehow glued to the share.

keep looking but note it might reduce useful traction in any tractorpull competiton.

cheers Rod.

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
When we were doing mesquite removal the grubbing tool would get packed solid with black clay, I found that by cleaning it well before use then spraying it with PAM, the clay would come right off. As soon as clay started to stick again, recoat, it was good for half hour or so plucking mesquite.