• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Duromax 4400 Generator Issue

johne2bad

Registered
I have a Duromax 4400 generator. Starts and runs fine. Has 2 position switch on front, 120 only, 120/240. Don't have an adapter to check the 120/240 outlet but the 120 outlet works fine when switch is set to 120/240. When I flip the switch to 120 only the motor loads up and the breaker trips. Any idea what the issue is? I'm stumped.

Thanks

armandh

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/02/2010
mr obvious here.....;

the switch or connection to the generator is incorrectly wired paralleling the two 120v windings out of phase [a short]
if while producing two 120 volt power, the 240 voltage is just a few volts then is is simply one winding out of phase.

don't ask further of me as I have no direct knowledge of this brand.

use caution measuring lethal voltages.