• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

E&M Forge

Dustin D Ehli

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2019
Just got our bigger forge the other day so now me and my brother in law are calling our forge officially open

Basically we turned an old building into a blacksmith shop, we aren't finished collecting equipment, and probably never will be but it's operational.

Our specialty is hammers but we are trying to do a variety of stuff, hooks, decorative, tools etc.

Attachments

Mikey NY

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/28/2016
pretty cool, I have just started to collect black smith tools to use, stickle as a hobby, and man do I have a lot to learn. I am having fun though. Wish you the best of luck in your new adventure.

Dustin D Ehli

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2019
Thanks, we also have lots to learn, and equipment to collect.
A very interesting newish hobby I guess, engines will always be #1 though I think

DBH

Registered
You will find it more good to have your forge anvil and or power hammer & vice set up in a triangle so you only have to take a few steps to get to any of them. Also have your slack tub close to your anvil. Nice shop & equipment by the way! Do you have a coal forge also?

Dave H.

Dustin D Ehli

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2019
We have 2 coal forges, and 2 propane.
The shop has come a long ways this winter we have bulk propane now and plumbed in so we don't have to trip over lines.
I am working on a new tree for my own collection, I'll post when it's done.

We're in the boonies but anywone welcome if your ever around let me know

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
How much for a good sized hammer? i am looking for one in the 2 to 3 puond range, to install bearings and bust rocks! (calcites etc.) They look nice! good luck with you new venture!:O